Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sickies


We've been hit by the Sickies. Bad, Croupy coughs, sinus infections, and fevers. Ick!

There is some silver lining. Firstly, am happy (and relieved) to report that I received the 'Mother's Pass' blessing, and was spared from most of the sickness. Just a runny nose is all I have suffered, and I have been able to care for everyone who has needed it.

Secondly, in his sickness my little guy has been extra-cuddly. I know all these cuddles won't last forever, so I am throughly enjoying them while he will still let me. It just warms me down to my soul to be able to squeeze him, love him all over, and give him the mommy-comfort he needs.

He just looked so miserable yesterday, so I took both the kiddos to the doctor. Prognosis was that Abby is fine, and is recovering well on her own. Stryder, however, has been hit the hardest by this nasty bug. He has full-on Croup, and has had difficulty breathing. She hooked him up to a machine to give him a breathing treatment at the office, then prescribed Asthma medicine, Antibiotics, and Steroids. When we were at the doctor's office, he just looked so cute, but miserable, and when the doctor left, even she had to give him a kiss.

Hopefully this illness won't last too much longer, but I am taking full-advantage of the snuggles while I can!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh he looks so sad in that picture. Croup is the worst (and it seems like my kids ALWAYS get it). Love your new blog. Let's have another girls night out soon! Or get everyone together for a playdate--when everyone's feeling better.

    ReplyDelete