Monday, February 15, 2010

Joshua Tree

Today we went on a family adventure to Joshua Tree!


Stryder was asleep in the car when we got out to go on our first hike.

Daddy and Abby didn't waste any time...

And with a little help, Stryder was able to join them at the 'Summit.'



Showing off her rock climbing muscles.
With all the huge boulders around, I'm not sure why Stryder was fascinated by this little rock. I think it must have been the color.

Taking in the views.



Daddy got a little rock climbing in...
And Abby did a little of her own!




Stryder joined in {with a little help from Dad}...


We made it!


The formations were beautiful!

The happy hikers


I just love this series of photos Tom took of Abby climbing through this crevice.

Abby took a little fall and earned a badge of courage...

...but still insisted that Dad carry her the rest of the way down.

She even had a smile when we got to the bottom.

And so did this little guy.

On the way home we stopped here for some yummy Date milkshakes to help take the sting out of Abby's knee. Yummm!

I think it worked!

6 comments:

  1. CUTE! What fun! I was just telling Dan last night that I miss hiking with him and that we need to go again (without kids)!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Krista!! I just love the picture of Abigail and her Blonde with Attitude shirt! I don't mind at all that you put up pictures of Harley with the bows. They are so cute on her....I love them! I find myself using the white one all the time with her different colored headbands! I also have a picture of her wearing the black bow with the red headband I bought from you, but I haven't posted them yet.

    Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Krista! Thanks for the info about your new blog. You have such a sweet family - fun trip! Why have I never heard of date milkshakes before? I must try one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie-Thanks for letting me use your photos of darling Harley. I love them all... Melissa's are gorgeous too! She is quite the photographer!!
    Melissa- Date shakes for SURE next time you are down! Maybe we can do a girl's reunion trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the info on your new blog Krista! Looks like you guys had a good time. We need to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like LOTS of fun!! The kids are getting so big!!!!
    BIG HUGS!

    ReplyDelete