Wednesday, March 24, 2010

And the First Rule of Fight Club...

Whenever my kids begin to walk, I always feel like people must think I abuse them. They are always covered in bumps and nicks from head to toe, and it seems to never end.

Poor Stryder has definitely had the worst of it- and right now he looks like he has been in a drop-down, flat out baby brawl!


The black eye happened this past Friday. I was holding him on my lap while my mom, who had come to visit for the day, was helping with the dishes (thanks mom!). The dishwasher was open, and Stryder and I were playing contently just to the side of it. All of the sudden, without warning, he leaned over very quickly to reach for something and *BAM!* He hit his eye on the corner of the dishwasher door. The monstrous wound immediately swelled up and drew blood. Poor guy!

Then Saturday, after our hike (see www.sweetabigailblog.com) I was making dinner and Abby was coloring at the kitchen table. Stryder LOVES to stand on the big people chairs next to Abby, and no matter how hard I try, I just can't keep him off them. Tom was sitting right next to him, but didn't have time to reach... and *BAM!* Stryder fell off the chair and busted his lip open. And boy do mouth wounds bleed! Blood everywhere! Once again, poor guy!


We got the bleeding to stop and despite the obvious discomfort, he was mostly smiles for the rest of the night.

Abby has had her share this week too...


Sunday morning we were rushing to get to Church. We were running late and admittedly I was a little snappy. I loaded myself up like a pack-mule, and herded the kids outside toward the car. As soon as they were free, they both took off down the street (why do they always test you when you're already irritated?). Abby was wearing her brand new sandals and in the back of my mind I was hoping that she didn't trip running at such speeds. I called out a warning, but she obviously wasn't concerned. As I was loading the bags in the car I heard her trip and slide across the sidewalk. Then the *SHREAK* of pain! Poor girl! I corralled Stryder back in the house with us to tend to her injuries- three nice big road burns- one on each knee and one on the inside of her right wrist.
Hopefully she learned a lesson... listen to mom? Don't run before Church? Who knows, probably not. Despite all the kisses she whimpered all the way to the chapel. Luckily she forgot all about the pain when she got to show off her cool Hello Kitty band aids to her little 3 yr old friends in the front row of Primary.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Stryder and Abby! My girls always had bruises too when they were Stryder's age. Despite all the boo-boos, your kids are still just as adorable.

    ReplyDelete